ING Direct has now become Capital One 360.
At long last, ING Direct has added remote deposit. They’ve been promising that it’s “coming soon” since last summer, and it’s finally here.
Here are some details:
- There is no fee to make remote deposits.
- You can either use their mobile app or scan/upload.
- There is a limit of $3k per check.
- For checks under $500 deposited into an Electric Orange Checking account, the first $200 is available the next business day, the rest after two business days.
- For checks over $500 deposited into an Electric Orange Checking account, the first $200 is available the next business day, the rest after five business days.
- For all checks deposited into an Orange Savings account or a Kid Savings account, the funds will be available after five business days.
- Checks deposited after 5PM on weekdays, after 2PM on Saturdays, or anytime on Sundays or holidays will be processed the next business day.
- Checks may be rejected if the image is blurry, too dark/light, or otherwise unreadable, has not been properly endorsed, or if it exceeds the $3k limit.
- After depositing, you’ll need to hang onto the check until you get an e-mail from ING Direct saying the deposit is complete.
What do you think? As far as I’m concerned, this is a very welcome addition. That being said…
I would personally like to see a limit of $5k/check, as I sometimes receive checks in excess of $3k, but only rarely (if ever) will I get one over $5k. I realize that my situation may be unique, but it’s a limitation that will force me to continue using the ATM for at least some of my deposits.
I actually have a couple of low dollar checks lying around right now, so I will test it out and report back on my experiences.