Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
As a followup to the recent news that Capital One is buying ING Direct, which was met with mixed reactions, I thought I’d share some positive news about ING Direct…
Mailing checks is sooo 90s – Don’t worry, remote deposit is on the way. It’ll be a dream come true.
And in March, when they were asked if it was still “on the way,” they replied:
You bet, but still no ETA. Weâ€™re forecasting nothing but smooth sailing once released.
And finally… Earlier this month, when asked again about remote deposit, they hinted that it might be available by the 4th of July:
Let us ease the pain… youâ€™ll be seeing some easier ways to deposit checks before youâ€™re declaring your independence.
As far as I’m concerned, this is great news… I’d love to be able to snap a photo of a check – or at least run it through my scanner – and deposit from afar. As things stand, PayPal is currently the only financial institution that I deal with that allows for remote deposit.
Source: @INGDIRECT via The Happy Rock
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)