Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Just a quick reminder to keep track of your credit card rewards, and to make sure you’re receiving what was promised. I just logged in to check the status of our Citi Driver’s Edge rewards and found that we haven’t been credited properly over the past two months. When we originally signed up for this card in January, we were promised 5% off all purchases for nine months. But our July and August rewards were well below that mark. In fact, we should have received $147.10 and $101.20, but was credited just $75.00 and $20.24.
It appears that we prematurely fell back to the 5% off ‘everyday’ purchases (gas, groceries, pharmacy) and 1% off all else. Anyway, I gave them a call and was transferred from the regular customer service rep that answered to a Driver’s Edge redemption specialist. She looked up our account and confirmed that, while the promo should be in effect through October 1, we had somehow stopped receiving the 4% bonus on ‘other’ purchases. In order to fix this, she said that she would “re-apply the code” and that they would then refigure the rewards and make it right on my next bill. Sounds good but, for some reason, I suspect that I’ll be calling again next month. Anyway, I also realized that it’s time for me to start shopping around for another reward card, as we’re getting closer and closer to exhausting the $1,000 reward limit on this card.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)