Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Well, the moving sale is done, and we survived… Although we had advertised an 8:00 AM start, people descended on us almost immediately when we started moving stuff out into the driveway around 6:30 AM. And by the time 8:00 AM rolled around, my pockets were already bulging with money. We kept the sale running until around 1:00 PM, at which time we hauled the last of our stuff back into the garage and closed up shop. When the dust settled, we had gotten rid of the bulk of what we were trying to sell, and we had taken in exactly $545. When you deduct the cost of advertising ($32.55 for a two day newspaper ad and $16.33 for signage) we ended up making $496.12. Not too shabby, and definitely worth the time that we spent. The leftovers, which amounted to two full loads in my Honda CR-V, went to charity. Thus, we’ll also be able to take a tax deduction on the unsold items.
For more information on moving, check out my Roadmap for a Successful Relocation.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (291)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)