Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
The other night while driving my son to soccer practice, I passed by a local church. On the sign out front it said:
“Be weird. Live debt free.”
This got me to thinking… While I realize that they were just trying to be cute and catchy (it worked), have we really gotten to a point where debt freedom is “weird”?
I was raised in a family that never carried consumer debt and, aside from our mortgage (now paid off), my wife and I have never been in debt ourselves. In other words, debt freedom has always been normal for us.
What about you? What’s your debt situation? Do you have a mortgage? Student loans? Credit card debt? One or more car loans? More importantly, do you have a plan for getting out of debt?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)