Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
I mentioned the other day that we’ve rented a storage unit and have started clearing extraneous stuff out of our house before putting it on the market. Well, the next step is nearly upon us… The dreaded moving sale! Last weekend we (and when I say ‘we’ I mainly mean my lovely and talented wife) started going through the house room by room and hauling stuff down to the garage. After seeing just how much crap we have, we actually debated about scrapping the sale entirely, and just donating everything to charity — after all, that would save us the pain of pricing it all. But we ultimately rallied (here again, ‘we’ should be interpreted as my lovely and talented wife) and now have a garage full of stuff that is mostly priced. The sale is tomorrow (Saturday) and, while we still have a ways to go and a few more corners of the house to clear out, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel…
Our investments thus far: $32.55 for a two day (Friday/Saturday) ad in the local paper, and a good bit of time.
Stay tuned for a post-sale followup.
For more information on moving, check out my Roadmap for a Successful Relocation.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)