Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Yesterday morning, I refilled a toothpaste tube. I’m not proud, but I did it. (Well, okay, maybe I’m a little proud…)
This wasn’t really an issue of frugality (although those travel-sized toothpaste tubes are a ripoff). Rather, it was a an issue of convenience and efficiency… I was packing up to head out of town when I realized that my travel-sized toothpaste was nearly empty. Given that the TSA says you can’t carry more than 3 oz. of toothpaste on an airplane (the same goes for other gels/liquids), this just wouldn’t fly — literally.
The problem is, I was on a tight schedule, and I didn’t want to stop off at a drugstore on the way to the airport. I also didn’t want to count on the hotel on the other end providing me with toothpaste (many do, but not all of them). So as I looked down at the sink, an idea hit me…
Why not simply refill my travel toothpaste from the larger tube that we use every day? I removed the caps from both the travel-sized and regular tubes, pressed their “nozzles” tightly together and started gently squeezing the larger tube. Lo and behold, it worked great. The travel-sized tube started to fill up with virtually no leaking or mess.
I am now the proud owner of a Colgate mini-tube filled (mostly) with Crest. More importantly, I was able to do this in about 15 seconds as opposed to having to make a side trip to the drugstore.
Photo Credit: Janmi
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)