Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
At the risk of beating a dead horse, I have a bit more info on the Quicken/Mac OS X Lion debacle… According to MacRumors, OS X Lion will allow you to run multiple copies of OS X in virtual machines on a single computer. This means that you should be able to update to Lion (10.7) but continue running Snow Leopard (10.6) or earlier using VMware Fusion or Parallels.
Translation: If you have (or are willing to buy/install) Fusion or Parallels, you can update to the newest version of OS X while still running an older version that supports Rosetta, and thus Quicken 2007.
This is a somewhat clunky workaround, but if you’re willing to run Windows in a virtual machine in order to keep using Quicken, then you’re probably willing to run a second version of Mac OS X in the same fashion.
In other news, I received an e-mail from Intuit last night finally acknowledging the lack of compatibility. Their recommended solutions were to “upgrade” (i.e., downgrade) to Quicken Essentials for Mac, switch to Mint.com, or switch to Quicken for Windows.
Of course, there are other (non-Quicken) options out there. I will try to put together a list of these options sometime in the near future. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments.
Source: MacRumors via OS X Daily via George from Tulsa
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)