Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to remind you that this coming Saturday is none other than Small Business Saturday.
This is a promotion started back in 2010 by American Express to encourage people to shop at small businesses, and to reward small businesses for accepting American Express credit cards.
As in years past, American Express is offering a $25 statement credit in return for: (1) registering your card for the promotion, and (2) making a purchase of at least $25 from a qualifying small business.
Note that, based on the wording of the offer as well as past experience, you can get one credit per card, so if you and your spouse have a joint account you should be good to go for $50 in free stuff. And so on.
To get started, go here to enroll your card(s). And don’t delay, as they’re claiming that enrollment is limited.
Next, check the map to find qualifying businesses — or just roll the dice and trust that they’ll honor this for whatever non-franchise small business you happen to go to (this has worked for me in the past).
Finally, head out on Saturday and use your card to spend $25 (or more) in a single transaction at a qualifying merchant.
Note that they promise the credit “within eight weeks” but that I’ve always gotten mine within a few days.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)