Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
In case you haven’t heard, there’s a new shopping holiday nestled between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It’s called “Small Business Saturday,” and it’s the brainchild of American Express OPEN – the small business unit of Amex.
Beyond simply encouraging you to go out at shop at small, locally-owned businesses, Amex is offering you $25 to do so. To participate, simply register your Amex card and then go out and spend $25 or more at an eligible merchant on Saturday, November 27th.
Eligible merchants include:
…any independently owned small businesses that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made online, at large, national chains, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid, corporate cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.
Registration is limited to the first 100k enrollees, and you’re limited to one $25 statement credit (typically posted within 5 business days) per cardmember.
Ironically, small businesses are where you’ll most often have problems with Amex acceptance, but if a local business that you like does accept Amex cards, this is a win-win for both you and the merchant.
More details are available at SmallBusinessSaturday.com.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (291)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)