Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
As a followup to my earlier post about remote deposit at ING Direct, I just wanted to share my first deposit experience. I had two small checks lying around so I figured I’d test it out.
Here are the steps:
- Endorse your check.
- Launch the app and hit the “deposit” button.
- Snap a photo of the front of the check.
- Snap a photo of the signed back of the check.
- Enter the amount of the check on the next screen.
- Select the account into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter any relevant notes about the deposit.
- Repeat for additional checks.
Seconds later, I had a pair of e-mail notifications (one for each check) stating that my deposits would post the next business day (since I made the deposits after 5PM).
At 10AM this morning, I received another pair of e-mails stating that the deposits had been processed and that I was free to void the checks. The funds are showing up in my balance, but are not yet “available”. Since both checks were so small, I expect the full amounts to be made available tomorrow.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)