Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
The other day I logged into our Vanguard account and was greeted with the following message:
Enhanced logon is coming
Vanguard uses the most up-to-date technology to help ensure a safe and secure online investing environment. In the coming months, we’re enhancing our logon process to further protect you when you use Vanguard.comÂ®.
Our new enhanced logon will safeguard your sensitive information. In a few months, you’ll set up your enhanced logon. The setup:
* Is one-time, quick, and easy.
* Is for your protection.
* Involves you picking an image and security questions to associate with your logon information.
Today, you enter your user name and password on the same screen. Soon, we’ll move the password field to a separate page.
In short, they’re implementing an image verification system similar to Bank of America’s SiteKey (ING also just added this). After entering your username on the first page and clicking “Log on,” you’re forwarded to a second page that displays a security image of your choosing. As long as you see the correct image, it’s safe to assume that you’re on the real Vanguard site, meaning that it’s safe to enter your password. They also keep track of the computer that you’re logging in from, so if you use a new computer you’ll be asked to answer one of three security questions.
Let’s just hope that Vanguard handles this changeover a bit more smoothly than Emigrant Direct did when they took their site down and couldn’t get it back online after the changeover.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)