Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
I ran across an interesting site called the Political Compass the other day. The motivation for this site is the realization that there is more to personal beliefs than the left/right axis. Rather, they argue that we need to look at things in two dimensions â€“ economic and social. They underscore their view by arguing that, when looking at things from the economic perspective alone, it’s difficult to distinguish between Gandhi and Stalin. This site includes a short (3-5 minutes) survey which is used to generate a rating of your economic and social views. So how do I rate?
First off, here’s an illustration of the rating system:
When I completed the survey, I ended up economically left-leaning (-4.63), and slightly libertarian (-1.18), which sounds about right:
And, for the sake of comparison, here is how a variety of political luminaries are thought to rate:
Note that these rankings are not based on the survey, but rather on an interpretation of their likely answers based on an analysis of their public statements, speeches, etc.
I’m curious to find out how others rate.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)