Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Editor’s Note: This offer is expired and is no longer available.
If you’re in the market for an online savings account, you might want to check out the latest offer from WT Direct. While their current rate (1.76% APY for accounts with a balance of at least $10k) isn’t all that great, they’re offering a bonus for new account holders. The amount of your bonus will be based on your balance from 7/31/09 through 10/31/09, as follows:
- $10,000 = $25 bonus
- $20,000 = $50 bonus
- $30,000 = $75 bonus
- $40,000 = $100 bonus
- $50,000 = $150 bonus
Here’s how it works…
1. Open an account with WT Direct*
2. Fund your account no later than 7/31/09
3. Maintain the required balance through 10/31/09
4. Your bonus will be deposited in your account in November
*Note: Use one of the links in this post, or use promo code WFIT if asked for one.
Given the relatively high balance requirements and middle-of-the-pack APY, this offer won’t appeal to everyone. Nonetheless, I thought I’d throw it out there for your consideration. Note that there are no fees associated with this account, and there is no minimum balance requirement, though you have to keep at least $10k in place to get the advertised APY as well as the associated bonus.
If this isn’t your cup of tea, be sure to check out my list of online savings account interest rates. Otherwise go ahead and click the button to get started…
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)