Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
With online savings accounts interest rates falling lower by the minute, I decided to put together a list of the best certificate of deposit (CD) rates. Based upon my experiences and reader feedback, I’ve put together a list of the best / most popular cd rates (certificate of deposit rates) in my original post below. I’ll continue to update that list.
But you can also compare the highest CD rates in the table below which displays the highest interest rates across 200+ banks.
What follows is a list of the best CD rates at several well-known, nationally-available banks. Rates are for 12 months CDs unless otherwise indicated, and I have also indicated the minimum deposit to open a CD.
Best CD Rates (12 Month Term)
(CD rates current as of dates noted below)
|Bank of Internet||1.00%||$1,000|
|HSBC – Online CD||0.95%||$1,000|
For the sake of comparison, check out my list of the best online savings account interest rates. Right now, there’s not a whole lot of difference. However, the CD rates listed here can be locked in such that they won’t drop over the next year. With savings accounts, things may well get worse before they get better.
Finally, if you’re looking for a higher yield and don’t mind taking on some additional risk, you might want to check out Lending Club. It’s not FDIC-insured, but average net annualized return for notes by grade A to C is between 5.25% and 8.57%. It’s free to open an account, and you can get started with as little as $25. Rate as of 7/31/2016.
*Citibank Rate may vary by state, rate collected within NY.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)