Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
In honor of Memorial Day, which marks the unofficial start of summer, it’s time to start thinking about cheap entertainment for you and your kids. Given that catching a movie is one of the best ways to beat the heat, I’ve put together a list of free (or really cheap) summer movie theater promos. In case you’re not aware, theaters often have special summer promos where they show G or PG rates files on weekday morning for free, or nearly so.
While we’re generally happy with our Netflix membership, nothing beats an occasional trip to an actual movie theater. What follows is my best attempt at compiling these free movie offers for major theater chains. If your favorite theater isn’t listed, give them a call, as it’s possible that I either missed them, or they didn’t have their information listed online.
Free (or cheap) summer movies
- AMC Summer Movie Camp – $1 movies for charity, Wednesdays at 10AM from June 17 – Aug 5 (in most markets). Group tickets on sale starting June 10th.
- Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse – Ten weeks of kids movies on weekday mornings. All ten movies can be purchases in advance for $5 (total) or you can purchase tickets for each show at the box office for $1/each. Runs for 10 weeks, dates have yet to be announced.
- Classic Cinemas Wednesday Morning Movie Series – G and PG rated movies for just $1 on Wednesday mornings at 10AM for nine weeks from June 17 through Aug 12.
- Clearview Cinemas – Eight weeks of family films. Free admission, every Thursday @ 10:30AM starting July 2.
- Cobb Theatres – Advertising free summer kids shows, but you need to click through and select your local theatre to get details.
- Georgia Theatre Company –
Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10AM from June 9 through July 30. Admission is $1, kids soda and popcorn available for $1.50 each.
- Kerasotes Theaters Summer Movie Program (pdf) – Seven weeks of summer vacation movies at 10AM on Wednesdays and Thursdays from June 24 – Aug 6.
- Malco Theatres – $2 movies for charity at 10AM every Tuesday and Wednesday from June 2 – July 29.
- Marcus Theatres – “Kids Rule” summer film series from June 17 – Aug 13. Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 10AM (except July 1/2). All seats $3.00 w/free popcorn.
- Regal Cinemas Free Family Film Festival – Select G & PG movies start at 10AM each Tuesday and Wednesday during the festival. Admission is free. You can check the movies as well as a list of locations, dates, and times by clicking through and selecting your state.
- United Artists – Participating in Regal Cinemas Free Family Film Festival (link leads to Regal announcement).
- Edwards Cinemas – Participating in Regal Cinemas Free Family Film Festival (link leads to Regal announcement).
If you’re aware of any other major theater chains that offer something similar, please leave a comment with details.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)