Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
If you’re a Quicken for Mac user, I have some welcome news for you… After a long wait, Intuit has finally released an update of Quicken for Mac 2007 that will run on OS X 10.7 (Lion). But before you get too excited…
Keep in mind that this isn’t so much an update as it is a bug fix — with the bug being the complete inability to run on Lion. As far as I can tell, they haven’t added any features, they have simply “un-broken” their software.
And guess what? They’re only charging $15 for it. That’s right… They’re charging their loyal customers $15 to essentially re-enable their software after having abandoned them for years.
According to Intuit:
“This version is ideal for Quicken for Mac customers who use Apple’s latest operating system OS X Lion.”
If by “ideal” they mean charging $15 to re-enable software that they’ve long since given up supporting, then I agree. Ideal.
My advice would be to take that $15 and put it toward Moneydance, which had turned out to be a great alternative to Quicken. If you like them on Facebook, you can get a 20% discount off the $49.99 list price.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)