Now that the holidays are behind us and we are well and truly into the New Year, I wanted to take a look back at 2009. What follows are three of my favorite posts from each month.
- Calculating Your Mortgage Refinance Payback Period
- Should You Pay Your Kids for Good Grades?
- Commonly Overlooked Income Tax Deductions
- Ten Common Income Tax Credits
- How to Choose an Online Savings Account
- Alternatives to High Yield Online Savings Accounts
- How to Save Money on Health Insurance
- Debt Reduction vs. Retirement Savings
- How to Save Money on Life Insurance
- The Downside of Target Date Mutual Funds
- How to Get Out of Debt
- How to Fix Errors on Your Credit Report
- Do You Care About Your Credit Score?
- How to Save Money on Car Insurance
- Pay Off Mortgage Early? Or Invest?
- How to Pay Off Your Mortgage Early
- Joint or Separate Finances?
- Index Mutual Funds vs. Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Breaking Free From a Culture of Temptation
- Save Money by Questioning Your Purchases
- Buy vs. Rent: The Real Estate Dilemma
- Calculating Your Real Hourly Wage
- Investment Performance: Itâ€™s a Matter of Perspective
- Avoid Lifestyle Inflation: Create an Artificial Sense of Scarcity
- How to Get a Raise (or at Least Keep Your Job)
- The Pareto Principle and Building a Better You
- Create Your Own â€œExtended Warranty Fundâ€
- Clean and Maintain Your Windows Computer for Free
- Salary Negotiation â€“ How to Win
- Should We Get Rid of 401(k) Plans?
- Use Weight Loss Strategies to Get Out of Debt
- How Much Does Your Debt Cost?
- Considering a High Deductible Health Plan
- How to Get a Good Deal on an Apartment
- How to Ask for Discounts
- Can You Retire With a Million Dollars?
While making the above list, I came across numerous instances where I wanted to highlight more than three articles in a month. Because of this, I’ve put together a list of twenty more articles that are deserving of an “honorable mention.”
- Refundable vs. Non-Refundable Income Tax Credits
- Turning Money Into Time
- CD Ladders in a Low Interest Rate Environment
- Visualize Your Savings Goals
- How to Save Money on Groceries â€“ 45 Ways to Reduce Your Grocery Bill
- Lending Money to Family and Friends
- How to Prepare for a Power Outage â€“ Without a Generator
- Risk Tolerance vs. Risk Capacity
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- How to Find the Best Mortgage Rates
- Strategies to Curb Lifestyle Inflation
- How to Get Off Junk Mail and Telemarketing Lists
- How to Save Money on Homeowners Insurance
- Historical FDIC Insurance Limits
- How to Get Out of Your Cell Phone Contract
- Is it Possible to Live Without Credit Cards?
- How to Find a Good Deal
- What is Debt Settlement?
- Who and How Much to Tip During the Holidays
- Your 401(k) Match: Donâ€™t Miss Out on Free Money
Thanks again for a great 2009, and best wishes for 2010.