Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
This might be a weird question, but when we moved into our house there was a brick pile out back in the near edge of the woods. The former owner saved the leftover bricks when he had the house built so he could eventually build a matching barbecue (but he never got around to it). We knew that the pile was there, but we figured that we’d use the bricks for something, so we didn’t ask them to remove it. But… We didn’t realize the pile was as big as it turned out to be.
When we finally got around to digging into the pile (it was covered by about four years of accumulated pine straw) we discovered close to 800 bricks. Thankfully we had recently purchased a John Deere 125 lawn tractor, complete with a small dump cart, so it was easier to move them than it could’ve been.
While we’re thinking of using a decent number of these bricks (say 150-200) to line our front walkway and the adjacent mulch bed, we’re at a loss as to what to do with the rest of them. We’re not really interested in building a barbecue, and right now we’re actually leaning toward getting rid of them… More specifically, we’re thinking of advertising them on Craigslist or FreeCycle and just letting someone haul them away.
That being said, I’d also like to hear about any creative uses that you might have for these things before we let them go. So… What would you do with a bunch of bricks?
For more information on moving, check out my Roadmap for a Successful Relocation.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)